Frequently Asked Questions
Renting an apartment has never been easier
Find an apartment*** http://www.pikeintl.com/search.php?l=&t=&min=min&max=max&month=&submit=submit
Contact our lease team to set up at time to view the apartment
*** Please provide contact info: Your name, phone, e-mail
View the apartment in person
Submit an application along with a $45 fee*** http://www.pikeintl.com/apply.php
Secure the apartment with a deposit and the first month’s rent
I am interested in looking at apartment details and availability. How can I do this?
Simply go to the "search listings" feature on our home page and narrow your search based on price, bedroom size and location. Click on the property address to access more details, see pictures of the unit and view a map with its location.
For a listing of all properties close Yale that will be available for 2013-2013 please click on the header Click Here for Yale Apartments.
Before I apply I would like to see the apartment. How can this be done?
You can call the local branch office on the apartment detail page to schedule a showing, send an email to our leasing department by clicking the "Contact us about this unit" button on the apartment detail page, or call a leasing agent directly.
Does Pike International accept Section 8 vouchers or other housing assistance programs?
Yes, we welcome most housing subsidy programs.
I have found an apartment that I like. What do I do next?
You can easily fill out our online application, than mail, fax, or bring it in to our local branch office with all supporting documentation. We will make every attempt to give you a response within 24 business hours of receipt.
What is Pike International's application approval policy?
Pike international requires that each applicant has:
1. A net income (including aid income such as food stamps, child support, alimony, etc.) of at least 3 times the rental amount. 4 most recent pay stubs
2. Applicants must have acceptable credit, and no felony or eviction records.
Applicants must have acceptable credit, and no felony or eviction records.
What documentation should I provide when I submit my application?
Pike International requires that each applicant fully complete the application form and provide copies of:
1. 4 most recent pay stubs
2. Photo ID (Drivers license, passport, temporary/permanent resident card etc.)
3. Proof of Social Security number
4. $45 bank check/money order/credit card payment per applicant over the age of 18.
Are application fees refundable if I were to be declined?
No, the application fee is paid to a third party company to perform each background check. As a result these fees are unfortunately non-refundable.
Application process What if the apartment that I had an appointment to see is already taken?
Unfortunately, we advertise and show our apartments aggressively and the apartments are rented on a first come, first served basis. An appointment with one of our agents, doesn't "secure" you an apartment.
What if two people are applying for the same apartment?
We will take the first approved client that pays a security deposit and signs a lease.
Can I pay with my credit card?
Pike International now accepts all major credit cards and EBTcards for credit applications and security deposits. Pike International waves the standard 3% fees that us passed on by financial institutions
If I put a security deposit down for an apartment and then change my mind, is the deposit refunded?
This is decided on a case by case basis, but generally, if you have held the apartment for 2 weeks to a month, it is not refunded as we have lost rent and other potential clients holding the apartment for you.
Work Orders/ Maintenance Requests:
Log-in to our resident resource page and fill out an on-line work order. If you choose to you can call Debbie at (203) 777-6922 ext 101 or e-mail her at email@example.com
- After we receive your on-line work order request or call we will schedule a maintenance technician to perform the request based on urgency and type/circumstance of request.
Emergency Maintenance Requests
Please contact our emergency maintenance number after 5pm or before 9 am Monday- Friday or on weekends. Our Maintenance personnel are always on call addressing the concerns of all our tenants so be patient and they will be at your apartment in a timely manner, after being contacted.
- Examples of after hour emergency request are: If you are locked out of your apartment, do not have use of your toilet are experiencing a sewage backup or flood into the apartment, do not have heat, hot water or have lost power or water please contact our emergency maintenance number at (203) 627-4735.
Can I pay rent online?
Yes, of course! This can be done by logging into our resident resource page. If you haven’t created an account you must do so first. Pike International uses PayPal in order to insure all payment information will be kept secure and confidential. PayPal charges a fees 3% processing fee per transaction this fee is added to your total.
Can I pay over the phone?
Pike International now accepts all major credit cards and EBTcards. Debbie at (203) 777-6922 can acept payment. Plesae note that a 3% processing fee is added due to fees passed on by financial institutions.
* Crown Towing (203) 865-4999 is in charge of removing any unauthorized cars from Pike International lots. Crown Towing randomly patrols our lots insuring that only authorized cars park in Pike International spaces.
* Please notify Pike International if you do not have a parking pass prominently displayed in your front windshield. If you recently acquired a car please stop by our office to inquire about available spaces near you. Depending on the location a $100 fee may be assessed. Pike needs to have a copy of the drives license and registration of any cars that receive parking passes.
*We are more than happy to provide visitor parking to tenants that are current on their rent, provided we have space in that specific lot. Please stop by our office and we will provide you a pass.
I need to break my lease, what can I do?
Unfortunately, a lease is a binding contract that must be upheld but we understand that "life brings many changes," and as such we offer a "lease take-over option". We allow tenants the opportunity to “find someone to take-over” the remainder of the lease, or extend the lease. (Provided that the new tenant is approved by our leasing department.) The burden of finding this new tenant is on the current tenant. We will sign a new lease with the new tenant, collect a new security deposit and the old tenant is eligible to receive their security deposit back. (We only ask the apartment is left clean with no substantive damage.)